Friday, July 27, 2012

London 2012 Begins

(Update: added some information for Haggis, the Team USA song below, and above the news reel.)

London 2012 begins. Seeing the opening ceremony, we can understand the British history, culture and relationship with the world. For the Olympic Games, around 200 countries join. It's great. I hope the fair and great games.

If you have favorite athletes, or countries, you can check their homepage. Please pay attention to the historical the 30th olympic games in London!



In the United States, people get a coffee shop, and get a plate of pan cake with coffee for breakfast. It's one usual moment here. How about the Britain? Years ago, my friend told me.. "I don't eat breakfast... but drink a cup of tea. If I have a good luck, I get a scone for it."

I tried to search the Internet and find out some traditional British Breakfast on Google Images. There are a lot of sunny-side up eggs, bacons, sausages, beans etc. in addition to some scones.

If you get there, which do you like?

Without this breakfast, the Britain has some kinds of food like "fish & chips," and "curry." "Haggis" is also good(It's a traditional food, and normally homemade. Each home has each taste. If you find a good one, it's great!). In 2005, Russian prime minister Putin, and German prime minister Schroder talked about Haggis in their meeting. They left "Haggis is taste bad." (People believe that implied about a country's government.)

If you are an athlete, they may have some doping materials like caffeine. However, normally, travelers can eat. I think you can enjoy them. 



Here is an interesting video by "Team USA" on Youtube.

"Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen
Performed by Team USA(Swimming Team)



I like the kind of videos. It's fun, and maybe it becomes a good memory for everyone in the future.

Personally, if I have a chance to get in London, I want to try these British food very much.

Seeing the athlete's march, I thought about many countries. Syria is on the conflict, but they have a lot of athletes. Japan had a great earthquake last year, but they smiles and march. China, US, and GB have a big group of athletes. Each countries have each things, there is no border and race... All had shine in the stadium.

Nice!

By the way, the Olympic Games starts, but the destinations of the travel are not only in the Britain. I'll write some different topics also from the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment