Saturday, July 14, 2012

2 Weeks Before London Olympics

London Olympics 2012 is near. Two weeks later we become the witnesses of the sportsmanships. Today, I went to a McDonald's restaurant, and ate a meal and thought. "Does anyone athlete grow up with McDonald's foods?"

The Telegraph: IOC chief Jacques Rogge admits 'question mark' over McDonald's and Coca-Cola sponsoring Olympics (July 9, 2012 )

McDonald's and Coca-Cola are sometimes criticized at the same time. In New York, the city government plans to ban the sugary big size drinks.

The New York Times: New York Plans to Ban Sale of Big Sizes of Sugary Drinks (May 30, 2012)

In fact, I was in my university in my country, I didn't have much money to use for meals. McDonald's "hamburger," the cheapest one, was one of the best ways to eat. For soda, normally, I didn't order but I replaced to milk. However, I sometimes enjoyed others like Powerade.

If someone asks me that I have been healthy with their foods, I can't say so. I hope their foods become more delicious and healthier that olympic athletes can eat.



Each Olympic Games has each official song.  In London 2012, Muse, from England, performs "Survival" as the official song.

"Survival" by Muse (2012)

I collected some information about this London 2012. Seeing it, the real enemy of the London Olympics may be the falling rain. This bad weather has been since 100 years. Some days ago, Wimbledon and F1 Grand Prix also suffered from the wet weather. We should wish to come hot summer games in London.

The Guardian: London 2012 organisers drawing up wet weather contingency plans (July 10, 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment