Friday, June 29, 2012

Vacation

Here is one of the most famous vacation song. It's called "Vacation."

 "Vacation" by Connie Francis (1962) 

I know this song, but today, I for the first time read the lyrics. When the elder generation listens to the song, they excite when the letters "V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N" comes. I asked about this song to my office friend years ago. Then the co-worker told me, "I don't need a vacation, but I need weekend clubbing." Is that the time?



I'm not sure how many people have already enjoyed this vacation. I think a lot of people use the Internet for planning.

I found an interesting article on Wall Street Journal.
I think a lot of people read this article. It seems the system recognizes mac users, and indicates different result on their sites. It's a shocking thing for every travelers. I'm wondering how many the same problems happen on the Internet.



Many people imagine about "beaches" for summer vacation. Recently, media inform about tsunami debris from Japan. Beach people sometimes talk about it. In British Colombia(Canada), Alaska(US), and Washington(US), some bigger tsunami debris has already washed up the beaches. Professionals still can't grasp how much totally will come. The peak of the debris will be from this Fall.

This is a topic from Los Angeles area. There are a lot of bottles, cans, and plastics are on the beach sites. According to some surfers who clean beach, mostly the debris are from own lives now at least.

Some people live near beaches have hobbies to collect drifts and beach things. In California, Florida, and Hawaii, some retired people sweep beaches with detectors early morning. They try to find "coins" and traveler's things.


I found this video on Youtube. I'm wondering how many people can find these tiny stuff on the beaches. It's an interesting hobby, isn't it?

Some years ago, I bought a guidebook about Honolulu. I read about this topic. I have ever tried. Some years ago, when I visited to California, I encountered this kind of guys in Santa Monica.

Recently, especially, the gap year travels have changed very much. To add some activities such as town and beach cleaning and conservation of forests and nature, some colleges and schools in the world accept them as volunteer activities, and they give some points. Therefore, some companies have plans to help people in the world.

In addition, in Canada, Australia, and Germany, student travelers can try to work and learn their culture a lot. It's called "Working Holiday."You need to get a visa for it. When you are there, you can work, learn at schools, and try your favorite activities.



Here is a Kindle book for backpackers. In fact, I was looking for a book before I read. However, I can't find it. This is the substitute. It has some fundamental topics for backpackers.



I put "Kindle Fire" here, but maybe you have others like iPad, iPhone, nexus s or something. You can get Kindle apps here, find books yourself, bring on your travel.


Gap years are just a moment in your life, but it may be a good chance and experience for your long future.

No comments:

Post a Comment